Image Map

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Common Core Lesson Planning and NOT Having to Reinvent the Wheel! CCSS 3.SL.1


Yesterday I posted my goals for June and one of my goals was to plan as much as humanly possible for the new common core standards and gifted cluster model.  Well, I am on my way!  I sat down today with printouts of all our districts curriculum frameworks. 
Our first framework for ELA is titled “Collaborate and Communicate.”  Score one for me!  I already have a whole unit to help get my kiddos on their way to mastering the third grade speaking and listening standards which is what this first framework hits hard!  So, I pulled out my “Table Talk,” unit, gave it a little facelift and it’s good to go!
Learning Conversations update2
I am excited to kick of the year with this unit.  What a great way to set a foundation for a skill that will be utilized all year and in so many content areas. 
Then, I was checking in on all of the blogs I stalk and I found this gem by the amazing Amanda at One Extra Degree.  Depth and Complexity Icons are a great tool to use with gifted kiddos and this will blend perfectly with our Table Talk learning conversations!
Screen Shot 2013-06-05 at 7_18_52 PM
You can click on the picture above to check out this amazing product in Amanda’s store!
Now I just need to pick some text to get all of this started with and the hard part of unit 1 planning is done! 
I love feeling like I have been super productive today!  Now. to keep up with the productivity I am off to make a yummy dinner that comes from another one of my blogger favorites, Cara Carroll at the First Grade Parade!
Have a great night everyone!

1 comment:

  1. This looks awesome! I will have to go check out your Table Talk Unit! Thanks so much for linking up!
    Amy
    3 Teacher Chicks

    ReplyDelete