Image Map

Thursday, October 11, 2012

What a Day!

It was back to school after Fall break today.  What a weird day though, only 2 hours of school with kiddos.  Then it was time to finish up the rest of my Parent/Teacher Conferences.  I can now breathe a huge sigh of relief….they are finished, WooHoo!!!  So, conferences were done, classroom was clean and lessons and copies were done for next week.  What is a girl to do with some extra time on her hands????
Boot shopping and hanging out with my two favorite junior high girls (my daughters!).
003
Here they are, not exactly the riding boots I’ve had my eye on but these babies were on sale for 70% off!  I just couldn’t pass it up.  They are the most beautiful shade of tan, this picture just does not do them justice. I am hoping this beautiful weather keeps up so I have a chance to wear these soon!
Okay, I promise to focus now and get back to school stuff.  I struggled for many years with what to do with those kiddos who consistently finish their work early.  I want to make sure that they choices they are making are ones that will make their “brains grow!”  One day, while surfing Pinterest I came upon an idea.
001
I call them “Brain Boxes.”
002
My kiddos are crazy about them right now and I can’t even tell you how easy it was to make.  I spent less than 5 dollars at Dollar Tree.  The boxes come in packs of 10 and all I did was use a sharpie to number them. I keep them right next to my turn in basket, so when students finish and  turn their work in they can grab a brain box and head back to their desk.  I made an answer document and I copy it double sided so they finish 8 brain boxes before turning the paper in.  Click on the picture to grab the answer sheet.
Brain Boxes
  I try to make the brain box activities educational, yet fun and I am telling you they can’t get enough of them.  I just finished uploading my October Brain Boxes on TpT and I am working on the November ones.  Hop on over and check them out!
I am off to clean my kitchen and hopefully settle down to watch Project Runway!  Yea for it being Friday tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. This looks like a great idea. I'm just not sure I understand what is in the bowl that you got from Dollar Tree? I see the answer sheets, but where do they find the questions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I guess I didn't do very well at explaining :)! In the bucket are little plastic boxes that you can buy at Dollar Tree in packs of 10 for a dollar. I fold up the question and put one in each box. Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! Do your kiddos know about 3 facts and a fib and Don't Break the Bank? Those would be 2 great activities to do and they can go along with anything you are teaching. Let me know because I would be happy to share with you about them. =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower. If you get the chance, I would love for you to hop over and visit me. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete