Image Map

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fall Break = Lots of Planning Time!

WooHoo!!!! Conferences are done and Fall Break is here!  I am so looking forward to a solid 3 days off from school.  Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE my job and my school kiddos, but this teacher is tired!  So many of our friends are leaving town for the 3 days….not me.  I am super excited to sleep, catch up on housework, and jump ahead on some lesson planning.  Call me crazy but I love being planned way ahead of time and not running around at school like a crazy woman!  We are also 24 days away from the official start of basketball season (I say “official” because in our house the season sure does feel year round!).  Anyways, once season begins life gets crazy and I like to have a good head start going into it.  So, I have been working on some activities for teaching a practicing context clues.  In my room we always talk about being “word detectives.”  Detectives look for clues and that is what we do when we try and figure out what a word means or if it makes sense in the sentence.
Here is my “Becoming a Word Detective,” pack.  Now available in my TpT store.  You can grab it for 20% off the regular price for today only! 
Becoming a Word Detective Pack
Here’s to a relaxing, yet productive Fall Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment