Image Map

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Goals For The New Year and Some Freebies

I.Am.So.Blessed.  I could stop this post right there.  But, I won’t!  Thank you to all of my blog followers and followers of my little Tpt store.  When I started this journey a few months ago I really didn’t know what I was in store for.  It has surpassed all of my expectations.  So, as a thank you I am sharing a few things that I made for our first day back to school tomorrow. 

We are going to begin our day by sharing “My Winter Break From A to Z.”  This is a great strategy for reviewing concepts.  It has been said that the first time you teach a new structure it should be done with a non-academic topic so that they are focused on learning how the structure works. So, we are going to learn how “A to Z,” works by reviewing our winter break.  After they learn the a to z structure you can then use it to review units of study.  I have used it at the end of math units, as well as science and social studies.  The goal is to think of a word or phrase that begins with each letter of the alphabet and relates to the topic.  It is a fun way to get them thinking about everything they have learned. 

Winter Break A to Z

You can download it for free here.

We are also going to begin thinking about our goals for the new year, both academic and personal.  We will write them down in the little foldable that I made. 

Goals for the New Year

You can grab this for free here.

I have been giving a lot of thought to my goals for the new year and this is what I have come up with:

School Goals

1.  To have all of my kiddos core and ready to meet on the Spring AIMS assessment.  It isn’t going to be easy, it will probably involve some after school tutoring, but they are so worth it.

2.  To do a better job taking pictures of some of the projects and fun things we do in class.  I think this will be easier thanks to my new iphone!

3.  To be more organized with my computer files.  I am hoping this will make the transition to full implementation of common core smoother next year.

Personal Goals

1.  To change my blog design.  I have been looking around online at some different designers.  Would love to hear any thoughts or recommendations you all have.

2.  To remember that I am not in control.  To continue to release my stresses and problems and let God be fully in control of my life.

3.  To cherish moments more.  This is my last semester with my oldest at school with me.  We have been together at school since she was in first grade and next year she will be going to high school with dad.  I can honestly say that I don’t know where the time has gone and I can’t believe how little time I have left with her at home.  I am so bad about getting caught up in the rush of life.  I need to remember to slow down and enjoy this blessed life of mine!

Caity with Mom at character of Month

Here we are at school together when she was a third grader.  (Notice the bunny ears…..why does every kid think that is so funny!)

003

Here she is on her first day of 8th grade….our last first day together Sad smile  They seriously grow up so fast.

Happy New Year everyone!  Here’s to a year filled with many blessings!

Love,

Jennifer

The Blessed Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment