Image Map

Monday, January 18, 2016

Where in the World is _______? {An Easy Sub Plan Assignment}

If you are anything like me, you hate planning for a sub.  In fact, you hate it so much that you would rather go to work under the weather than plan for a sub and take a sick day. 


“Where in the World is Mrs. Wood?”  is my absolute favorite writing assignment to leave on those days that I have no choice but to be out.  The kids love it and I can’t wait to get back to school to read their creative stories!  I will usually pick my favorites and share them during read aloud time!


Here are some of my favorites from last time I had to be gone…….


Slide1


These students obviously know me pretty well and I love how creative they were.


Student #1



had me on Broadway in New York because if I couldn’t be a teacher I would be an actress! (true story….my classroom is my stage!)


Student #2



thought that I’m not really a teacher, that is just my cover, I’m actually a secret agent and I was sent on a mission.


Student #3



had me hopping on a plane to the “urban jungles,” of brazil to get him a pet monkey.  This one cracked me up because I don’t think he understands what an urban jungle is and because all he talked about ALL YEAR was getting a pet monkey!!!


My hands down favorite one was


Student #4 



He said that I wasn’t at school because I was at a secret meeting of N.U.T.P.O.T  (Never Underestimate The Power Of Teachers)! 


Next time you have to be gone, do yourself a favor and leave this assignment!  Your kids will have a blast imagining where in the world you could be and you will be entertained when you get back to school and have to go through all of that work they did! 







The assignment is available in my TpT store and is editable so you can personalize it to your name!


Slide1


Where in the World Writing preview pic


If you use this product, I would love to see your favorites!  Take a pic for Instagram and tag me @theblessedteacher so I can see what your creative kiddos came up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment