Image Map

Monday, March 17, 2014

A Wee Bit ‘O Fun!

Last night I had a bad case of the Sunday post spring break blues.  There is really nothing harder for me than going back from spring break.  The weather here is gorgeous and no one wants to be stuck inside the classroom all day!

  I was, however, looking forward to the St. Patty’s Day fun we had planned today.  It was leprechaun trap building day!  I saw the idea first on Pinterest (of course).  When I got on TpT to look around I couldn’t believe how many packs were on there and some of them were even FREE!  My favorite one was by none other than Nicole Shelby.  I loved that it had links to pages that would help me prepare my students and I really loved all of the writing pieces for it! Click on the pic below to go grab it for next year!

original-603851-1

I drafted a letter to send home to have parents save and send in supplies.  I thought about having them build the trap at home, but we have done quite a few at home activities recently and I wanted a fun activity to do at school to help us ease back in after break.  You can click on the letter to download it!

Parent Letter for Supplies

This morning my kiddos showed up with bags upon bags of supplies!

photo 1

I couldn’t wait to see what they would turn these into.

photo 3

photo 4

photo 1

This group had moving parts on their trap!  I was able to get it on video. My favorite part is when he exclaims, “It worked!”

Leprechaun Trap

We ended the day by graphing our Lucky Charms. 

photo 5

We had a fun day back but it will feel great to get back into our “normal,” routine tomorrow.

Hope you all had a great St. Patrick’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment