Image Map

Friday, May 1, 2015

Five For Friday

It’s Friday, There are only 2 more Fridays to go, and I am exhausted.  You know that saying…..


Teacher Tired  final


That is me!  13 days left of school.  I have 20 boys this year in my class of 31 and I am feeling it!  I love them all dearly but they are high energy right now and wearing me out! 
It’s Friday and it’s a miracle that I’m still awake so I’m linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!


fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]
Divider 1


Tonight I am wishing I was in Vegas.  I love the New Kids and I’m not ashamed to admit it.  I see their show every time they come to town and my friend and I celebrated our 40th birthdays last summer by seeing their show and going to the after party in Vegas last year!


NKOTB


Tonight they kick off their Main Event tour in Vegas and I so wish I was there! Only 11 more days and I get to see them live!


Divider 2


This week was my award’s banquet for Pride of Peoria.  It was such an honor to be chosen and even more of an honor to have my name added to a list of teachers I have looked up to for years. 


POP Banquet
Divider 3
Lindsey braces off


I took the day off on Wednesday to take my daughter to get her braces off.  She can’t stop smiling!!!  After the braces came off we stopped to get a pack of gum….it’s been 2 and a half years!  Then we went for a late breakfast before she had to get to school (can’t miss math class)!  I love the little stolen moments like that…I don’t have many of them left!


Divider 4


While I was out on Wednesday, I had my sub read Miss Nelson is Missing.  Then they wrote their very own versions called, Mrs. Wood is Missing.  They were hilarious and creative and I am amazed by how well they know me.  They had me on Broadway, making a movie in Hollywood, eating gluten free pastry in France, and at a super secret teacher meeting of NUTPOT (Never Underestimate The Power Of Teachers)!


Missing Writing assignment
Divider 5


Thursday was field day….it was also the first 100 degree day of the season!  I came home hot and exhausted, but it was worth it.  We are once again the Tug of War Champions of third grade!  It’s quite the legacy my classes are building!


Field Day


It’s been a crazy week and I am bracing myself for 13 more days of craziness!  Now I’m off to Doodle Bugs to check out what everyone else was up to this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment