Image Map

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Weekly Rewind

It was another crazy busy week, but I FINALLY feel like I have a handle on things.  I made some changes to our daily schedule last weekend and feel like our day flowed so much better and I was able to get everything done!  I made a purchase from the wonderful Jivey that changed my life!  I bought her Mentor Sentence pack for the first 10 weeks along with the notebook companion pack.  Oh. My.Word.  I am in LOVE! (P.S. I just checked and it looks like they are on sale today!  click on the links above to check them out).   If you haven’t had a chance to check out her video on using mentor sentences in your classroom yet, click here and go now!
Okay, here we go with the rewind!
 
Friday
 
Some of my cuties play together on the same little tackle football team.  On a side note, this is why God did not give me boys.  I could never watch them get tackled, their mothers are much braver than I am!  Anyways, they came in on Friday wearing their jerseys (brought back memories of my high school cheerleading days!). 
 
mustangs
 
They walked in the room that morning and said, “Mrs. Wood, we’re ready to tackle hard work!”  Too cute!
 
Thursday
 
A new round of math workstations began.  We just finished up our first framework, so I wanted all of the stations to be review of their facts.  Years ago, my daughters got the game Headbandz for Christmas.  We sat around playing it with friends and my friend, who is also a teacher, and I got to thinking how fun it would be to use that game in the classroom with an academic twist.  And so, Multiplication Headbands was born.
 
headbands2
 
They each place a card in  their headband without looking at it.  The direction card lists 3 things they must write/draw on their whiteboard. 
 
headbandz whiteboard
 
They then show their whiteboard to their partner and their partner uses the information on the whiteboard to figure out which fact is in their headband.  You can grab the cards and directions for free here!
 
Wednesday
 
I think I finally have a routine figured out for Wednesdays.  My girls have dance at 4.  We get out of school at 3.  I have to leave by 3:10, run to the high school to grab my oldest, swing by Chipotle and feed them, and rush them to the studio by 4:05.  It’s the best I can do.  Then, I head back to school, get there by about 4:30 and stay until about 6:30.  The husband is on his own for dinner.  I have 2 hours to bust out lesson plans for the next week and still have time to head home and relax for a bit before I pick the girlies up at 8:00.  Whew……it’s crazy but it works for us.
 
Tuesday
 
Tuesday was an exciting day for us!  Several years ago, my husband judged the talent show at his high school.  He came home that night and said that he heard the next big thing.  She was a sophomore named Destinee Quinn and she won the talent show.  My husband likes to claim that he discovered her….Ha!  Anyways,  we have followed her career for years now, seeing her perform locally whenever we can and my girls are huge fans/groupies!  Well, Tuesday night she appeared on The Voice and chose to be on Team Cristina!!!!  We are so excited that the world gets to see what an amazing talent she is and what a beautiful person she is!
 
NUP_136398_1038.jpg
Destinee
 
Excited to see what the future has in store for this young lady!
 
Monday
 
Monday  began my “new” daily schedule and my love affair with  Jivey’s mentor sentences.  Seriously, if you haven’t already clicked the links above what are you waiting for…..go there now!  I am off to grab the next 10 weeks of her sentences while they are on sale! 

Speaking of sales......my whole store will be 20% off TODAY and TOMORROW!  I am celebrating that cooler temps finally came in over the weekend.  No more 100 degree weather...fall is finally coming! Click on the picture below to check out my store!

 
 
Happy Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment