Image Map

Monday, March 18, 2013

Spring Break……Time For Some Catching Up!

Buckle up folks, it’s going to be a long one!  Spring Break is finally here and I couldn’t be more excited!  I finally finished my Spring themed centers….my class has been begging for them!  Here they are…….
Slide1
Slide2
Of course everything is Common Core aligned!  Check them out at my TpT store!
In other news….we did one of my most favorite writing lessons EVER before leaving for break!  It is by the amazing Abby Mullins.  Check it out HERE.
medium-154265-1
Every year I look forward to this week of writing.  This year, however, was one of my favorites.
#1: I always love watching the reactions of the kiddos who have never had Pop Rocks before!
#2:  This year I had the BEST simile ever written about Pop Rocks.  Keep reading to see it!
I started the week by torturing them with a gift that they weren’t allowed to open.  They had to first describe the gift bag and write some descriptive sentences about it.
The next day, they opened their gift and the Pop Rockin began!  We made a few anchor charts and talked about writing descriptively. 
Anchor Chart1Anchor Chart2
Day 3, we got down to the business of writing similes.  The Pop Rocks exploded in my mouth like……  My ALL-TIME FAVORITE……an angry mom!  I just about lost it when my little lovely raised her hand and said that!  It is nice to know that I am not the only mama out there who can lose it from time to time!
Pop Rocks2
Pop Rocks1
I am telling you, if you don’t already own Abby’s Pop Rockin Writing pack, do yourself a favor and hop on over to TpT and pick it up.  Best time and money ever spent!  My kiddos LOVE it every year!  And we already had to talk to 2nd grade about not stealing it!  They are just a little jealous that we found it first!
Spring Break is finally upon us!  My WHOLE family is in town.  My sister and her family flew in from Tennessee for the week and my baby sister is up from Tucson.  It is going to be cousin filled. 
Spring Break1

A little game playing!
Spring Break2
And of course some baby lovin’!  These are my newest niece and nephew. 
Happy Spring everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment