Image Map

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Winter Break (Big SIGH)…and a SALE!

I feel just awful about neglecting blog world.  I have awoken from my mini hibernation and am energized and ready to go!  10 years ago, when I went back to teaching after being home with my girls for 5 years, one of my co-workers told me that I would be so exhausted I would sleep my entire break.  Of course, I didn’t believe her.  Then, break came and guess what I did….yep, I slept my whole break away.  It is so tempting to fill up our days running around, but I think it is important to remember to rest so that we can go back and start the second half of the year with a renewed energy and sense of purpose.

Speaking of purpose, if I ever needed a reminder of why I love my job so much, I received a whole book of them from my class for Christmas.  Again this year I was incredibly blessed.  One of the moms in my room organized an amazing class gift and had the students all write a page in a cute little mitten book that she made.

Rafe Mitten

This one just melted my heart.

Dawson Mitten

This one made me proud.  I have been working hard with this kiddo on silent final e.  I will forever have a reminder that I just might be getting through to him!

Paige Mitten

This one made me laugh so hard!

I am so very blessed to have a job that I love.  Every day that I wake up and go to school I feel that I am exactly where God called me to be.

I have also been working on some new stuff for my TpT store in the moments I haven’t been sleeping, cleaning, or shopping!  To kick off the new year I am having a little sale in my shop.  Everything is 15% off through New Year’s Eve.  If you have had your eye on something, now would be a good time to grab it!

End of the Year Sale

Here is one of the new products I have been working on.  There will be more to come in the next few days!

Author's Purpose Task Cards

When we get back from break we will be doing a little review of author’s purpose.  I can’t wait to make the cute anchor chart I saw on pinterest.  You can check it out here.  Then we will use these task cards for some more review.  Not sure how exactly I will use them yet, they are so versatile and there are so many options!  I have included 2 pages of ideas for using the cards in the packet.  Now I just need to decide!

1 comment:

  1. So cute, glad your all rested up! Break can sometimes turn into a different kind of busy!


    Amy Howbert
    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete